If there is one cosmetic dental procedure that should be given the title of the gold standard, it is dental veneers. They are a great way to enhance your smile, especially if you have chipped, cracked, misaligned teeth. Veneers are also used to address other concerns like discolored teeth or small gaps between your teeth.
Dental veneers are tooth-colored shells as thin as a wafer, covering the front surface of your teeth. They alter their shape, size, color, and length. They have an invisible appearance and are suitable for people of all ages.
Why Do I Need Veneers?
- Uneven spaces or gaps between your teeth often affect a perfectly-looking smile, and dental veneers cover these gaps between your teeth.
- They are also a sought-after option if your teeth have stained permanently.
- Dental veneers treat minute chips and fractures in your teeth, thus improving their appearance.
- When you have veneers, it creates a uniform looking smile.
What are the Types of Veneers?
They are the most popular veneers and are custom-made to fit your teeth. Porcelain veneers are long-lasting. Their natural-looking surface resembles the appearance of your remaining teeth, and they do not stain easily. If cared for properly, they may last for 15-20 years.
We fabricate composite veneers in a dental laboratory and attach them with your teeth with the help of a resin material. They are less expensive than porcelain veneers but have a slightly shorter lifespan.
How are Veneers Applied?
During your first appointment, we will examine your teeth and take dental X-rays of your mouth.
To prepare your teeth for this treatment, we may have to reshape their surface, following which we remove some enamel from them. We will administer mild anesthesia so that you don’t feel any pain when we file your enamel.
After shaping your teeth, we will take their impressions and send them to the dental lab for the creation of veneers. Your veneers may arrive in the next few days. You may opt for temporary veneers in the meantime.
On the final appointment, we clean and polish your teeth to attach the veneers. We will place them and use a dental adhesive to adhere to your teeth. Any further adjustments, too, will be made.
What are the Benefits of Veneers?
- Dental veneers and durable and long-lasting.
- They retain the natural appearance of your smile.
- Porcelain veneers come with stain-resistant qualities, which keep them from getting discolored.
- Veneers are a quick way to get an aesthetically appealing smile.
To find out more about the dental services we offer at Primary Dental Clinic, Midland, TX, call (432) 570-7080 or schedule an online consultation. You can also visit us at 4519 N Garfield St., Suite 16A, Midland, TX 79705.