Brushing and flossing are everyday practices that help you maintain your oral hygiene. But do you know your teeth may lose their sparkle despite brushing and flossing regularly? Many reasons make your teeth lose their natural whiteness, including the factors such as consumption of colored foods and beverages, tobacco, age, trauma, and any underlying disease.
The staining of teeth is also the result of the accumulation of plaque and tartar on their surface. Besides this, some medications also make your teeth look stained. We treat such discoloration of teeth with professional teeth whitening. Consequently, your teeth retain their natural color.
What is Professional Teeth Whitening?
Professional teeth whitening makes use of dental-grade hydrogen peroxide, which we use on the surface of your teeth to remove discoloration. This bleaching agent helps you maintain a pearly white smile in the long run. It is advisable to visit us for this procedure once every six months. The treatment is painless and finishes in one sitting only. After the procedure, we may also give you whitening trays to use at home to maintain the results of this treatment.
What are the Benefits of Professional Teeth Whitening?
- Professional teeth whitening involves the removal of stains from your teeth. As a result, your teeth appear a lot more aesthetically pleasing.
- The procedure is quick, easy, and suitable for all age groups.
- Professional teeth whitening is a safe treatment that we perform with due diligence at our clinic.
- This procedure is an affordable way to improve your smile and boost self-confidence.
- Maintenance of oral hygiene becomes easy after professional teeth whitening.
How is the Procedure Performed?
- During your visit, we make you sit on a dental chair and take photographs of your teeth to record their current shade.
- We quickly polish your teeth to scrape off plaque, tartar, and food particles from their surface, followed by placing cheek retractors to keep your lips and cheeks away from the application of hydrogen peroxide. We also cover your gums so that only the teeth are visible for the procedure.
- A hydrogen peroxide gel is applied all over the surface of your teeth and left for some time. If the stains on your teeth are too stubborn, we use a laser so that your teeth absorb the liberated oxygen quickly.
- Your teeth will be rinsed. We may reapply the gel and leave it for another 15 minutes to optimize the effects.
- After the last application, we wash the gel thoroughly and remove the retractors and barrier. The results would be incredible.
To find out more about the dental services we offer at Primary Dental Clinic, Midland, TX, call (432) 570-7080 or schedule an online consultation. You can also visit us at 4519 N Garfield St., Suite 16A, Midland, TX 79705.