A severe oral injury, including a broken tooth or the aftermath of a knocked-out tooth completely, can constitute an “emergency,” requiring immediate professional care with services under emergency dentistry 79704. However, there are some common dental problems that may not immediately seem as urgent as an emergency and require immediate attention as well. Here are a few examples:
- Severe toothache caused by cavities or other causes of decay
- Sudden onset of unusually painful sensitivity to temperature in the teeth
- Fractured or damaged dental restorations such as fillings and crowns
- Problems with orthodontics that impact the ability to chew and speak normally, such as issues with wires or braces breaking or becoming damaged
- Issues with the temporomandibular joint that result in pain while chewing, speaking, or opening the mouth
- Infections in the mouth that cause swelling of the gums or face
- Traumatic injuries to the teeth
- Serious cases of gum disease make it difficult or impossible to brush or floss properly without causing pain or bleeding.
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, it is important to seek emergency dentistry 79704 as soon as possible so that you can receive treatment and prevent the problem from getting worse. Ignoring these problems can lead to more pain and increased damage that may be costly or even impossible to repair later.
How Emergency Dentistry 79704 Works
First, we’ll ask you about your symptoms. We’ll need to know if you have been experiencing any pain recently and what that pain feels like. We’ll also ask about your medical history and any medications you take regularly. This will allow us to make an accurate diagnosis of your condition and determine the best treatment option. Next, we’ll complete X-rays of the affected area to determine the underlying cause of the pain and develop the right treatment plan for you. In some cases, we may refer you to a specialist for treatment. If this is the case, we will coordinate your appointments. Once your exam is complete, you’ll meet with your dentist to discuss our findings and create a personalized treatment plan tailored to your specific needs.
Emergency dental care provides relief from a range of painful tooth conditions, including a tooth that has been injured in an accident or is infected. Seeing us as soon as possible after an injury can greatly increase your chances of saving your tooth and preventing further complications. In the case of a severely broken tooth, we may recommend a dental crown to restore your smile’s function and appearance.
If you are suffering from a toothache, we will determine the cause of your pain and provide the appropriate treatment with emergency dentistry 79704. If decay has reached the nerve of your tooth, a root canal may be necessary to save the tooth. If your tooth has become infected, a surgical extraction may be needed to remove the infection and restore your oral health. During your visit, we will provide recommendations for pain management and follow-up care. Your dentist can also provide tips for preventing future emergencies from occurring.
If you need emergency dentistry 79704, contact our office right away to schedule an appointment. Pain is a warning sign that something is wrong with your oral health. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help!