Is Veneers a Good Option for You to Consider?
Posted by PRIMARY DENTAL CLINIC on Jul 7 2021, 12:56 PM
Dental veneers are thin, shell-like tooth-colored restorations customized specifically for covering the front surface of the teeth and enhance your appearance. These are bonded to the front of the teeth and change their color, size, shape, and length.
Dentists use two types of materials for making these veneers, namely, resin or porcelain. While porcelain veneers prevent stains and look exactly like original teeth, resin veneers are relatively thinner and require little tooth surface removal for placement.
Procedure for Dental Veneers
People have to visit their dentist thrice for the dental veneers: one for consultation and the other two for making and applying it.
- On the first visit, the dentist inspects the teeth and decides whether veneers are right for you or not. They also discuss the procedure and the pros and cons involved in it. Then, they take x-rays and make impressions of your teeth and gums. They remove half millimeters of tooth enamel to prepare veneers. For this, they will numb the area with anesthesia. Next, they will make a model of your tooth and send it to the dental laboratory for the fabrication of your veneers.
- The next visit will take place after a week or two. On this visit, your dentist will permanently fix the veneers on the tooth. They will first temporarily fix it to see the shape and color and repeatedly trim it to achieve the proper fit. After getting the accurate fittings, they will properly clean, polish, and etch your teeth. It roughens the tooth and enables a robust bonding process. Then, the dentist will fix and activate it with a sturdy beam of light which hardens the chemical quickly, giving it a natural look. Finally, they will remove any extra cement and make necessary final adjustments to the veneers. You will be asked to visit over a couple of weeks until you find veneers comfortable in your mouth.
Advantages of Dental Veneers
Veneers provide the following advantages:
- Gives you a natural tooth appearance.
- Porcelain veneers make darker teeth appear lighter.
- Porcelain is well-suited for gum tissues.
- Provides a conservative approach to change the color and shape of your teeth.
- It is a sturdy and aesthetic alternative to crowns.
Hence, veneers are a good option for you to consider. It is because they last for more than five to ten years and do not require any special care. Following regular oral hygiene is enough to maintain dental veneers.
Get dental veneers from the experts at Primary Dental Clinic, Midland, TX. For more details and consultation call us at (432) 570-7080, book online, or visit us at 4519 N Garfield St., Suite 16A, Midland, TX 79705.